The Cleveland Playground at Tulane and South Claiborne opened on September 26, 1909.
Photo at http://188.8.131.52/templates/System/details.asp?id=40334&PID=495662
and text from http://nutrias.org/~nopl/monthly/july2002/playgr07.htm
Poydras, Cleveland, St. Roch
and Taylor Playgrounds, 1912
The Poydras Playground, opened on May 16, 1908 by the Outdoor Art Association, was located
on the site of the old Pilie Market. The St. Roch Playground at St. Roch and Roman was the third oldest of the city playgrounds,
opening on June 26, 1910. The Cleveland Playground at Tulane and South Claiborne opened on September 26, 1909, and the Taylor
Playground at Washington and Derbigny, on November 3, 1911.
The caption under this collage from the 1912 Report
Top left, Group at Poydras; Top right, Using the slide at Cleveland; Center, Girls playing Basketball at
St. Roch; Bottom left, Football at St. Roch; Center, Mrs. Mary Buckley, Supervisor at Poydras; Bottom right, Flag Raising
[Report of the New Orleans Playgrounds Commission for Nineteen Hundred and Twelve]
text from http://nutrias.org/~nopl/monthly/july2002/playgr07.htm